2018 Legislative Session
On March 8, 2018, the legislative session adjourned with numerous bills passed and budget priorities funded by the Legislature and signed by Governor Inslee to advance civil rights & justice, education, economic development, health, environmental sustainability, voting & voter rights, and more in our state.
In striving toward our mission to improve the lives of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, the Commission worked in partnership with our communities, governor, and legislators to respond to concerns and bring about positive change and long-term solutions. Below is information about the 2018 legislative session. Going forward, the Commission will be monitoring and working with stakeholders on implementation of policy changes and investments.
- CAPAA’s 2018 Legislative Session Review
- 2018 Legislature passes big wins for Washington
- View all bills signed by Gov. Jay Inslee.
During the legislative session, the Commission provides updates on legislation and budget proposals that may impact Asian American and Pacific Islander communities in the areas of education, health care, human services, economic development, civil rights, and immigration.
- Sign up for CAPAA’s Legislative and Commission Updates via email.
- View our current and archive list of Legislative Updates.
- Bill Information
- How to Testify in Committee
- Legislative Committees
- Find Your Legislators
- Session Cut Off Calendar
- Watch or listen to a hearing via TVW