To ensure effective and representative government, Governor Inslee places a high priority on boards, commissions, and agencies that are reflective of the diverse make-up of Washington and that utilize the impressive talent of our citizens.
To accomplish this goal, the Governor’s office is always seeking skilled and experienced individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds to participate in boards and commissions.
Below is a list highlighting current opportunities on boards and commissions with links for more information.
- Edmonds Community College Board of Trustees
- Spokane Community Colleges Board of Trustees
- Washington State Partnership Council on Juvenile Justice, Government Operations and Public Safety
- Prescription Drug Assistance Foundation Board of Directors, Health
- Conservation Commission, Natural Resource and Environment
- Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board, Working Washington
Following is a complete list of opportunities available categorized by policy area. This list includes all positions that are vacant or past due and ready for immediate appointment, as well as positions with a term set to end in the next three months. For you convenience, the boards and commissions have been grouped by the following issue areas.
- Climate and Energy
- Government Operations and Public Safety
- Human Services
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Transportation and Land Use
- Working Washington
Any individual interested in being appointed will need to complete the online application, available here: Application for Gubernatorial Appointment to a Board or Commission | Governor Jay Inslee. We will be accepting applications until the relevant position is filled. Additional information on the respective boards or commissions can be found on the Governor’s website here.