The following newsletter was sent out on November 16, 2015:
Join CAPAA at our public board meeting on November 21
This Saturday, November 21, CAPAA will be convening a public board meeting at the Filipino Community Center of Seattle. You will have the opportunity to engage with Commissioners and hear about the Governor’s business diversity subcabinet and health equity issues for Pacific Islanders.
The public meeting will take place from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., but attendees may arrive or depart at any time. Members of the public may provide public comment at 12:00 p.m.
CAPAA awarded for health equity work
CAPAA received a Community Organization Recognition Award from the Asian & Pacific Islander Caucus for Public Health at its 41st annual awards ceremony on November 3.
The Department of Health and the Department of Social and Health Services have grant opportunities for marijuana education and prevention.
- DOH Letters of Intent for Regional Marijuana Prevention/Education Contractors are due November 20, 2015.
- DSHS Request for Applications for Community-Based Prevention Services are due December 15, 2015.
Upcoming Community Events & Opportunities
- 4th Annual First People’s Conference (11/17)
- DSHS Diversity Supplier Open House (11/18)
- DOH Listening and Engagement Sessions (12/2-12/4)
- DSHS is seeking a Prevention Project Coordinator and a Prevention System Implementation Manager.
- Looking for other employment opportunities? Our jobs page is updated monthly.