The State of Washington Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs (CAPAA) and the Asian Pacific Islander Community Leadership Foundation (ACLF) invites Washington’s future leaders to apply to their fellowship program in the CAPAA office.
CAPAA is an Executive Branch agency which serves to advise the Governor, the Legislature, and state and local agencies on issues of concern to the Asian Pacific American community.
This program allows students to make a significant contribution to our state while earning academic credit, exploring career options, and gaining valuable professional experience.
Fellowship projects may include researching and analyzing public policy, tracking legislation, attending committee hearings, authoring bill summaries and reports, organizing community events, and assisting in constituent services and communications.
- Fellows will work closely with CAPAA staff and commissioners through these meaningful projects.
- The experience gained through the fellowship program can enhance a resume, offering an important career advantage.
- Fellows will serve in Olympia in a volunteer full or part-time capacity with the occasional ability to telecommute.
- Fellows will have the opportunity to participate in the ACLF Community Leaders Program.
Students with an interest in Law, Public Policy, and Public Administration are strongly encouraged to apply. Excellent writing skills, strong communication skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality are a must.
To apply, please submit:
- A written statement describing why you are interested in this fellowship; why public service is important to you; the areas of work that most appeal to you; the skills you wish to develop; and your long-term career goals.
- An unofficial transcript from your college.
- A copy of your resume and two references.
Applications are due on Wednesday, December 16 by 5:00 PM.
Send all materials to email@example.com with the subject line: CAPAA/ACLF Fellowship 2016
Please contact Brianne Ramos at (360) 725-5667 for questions and inquiries.