The Senate Capital Budget proposal was released on April 8. The proposal funds several projects of interest to the APA communities, including:
- $66,000 for Chong Wa Parapet Preservation
- $108,000 for Chiyo’s Garden Phase 2
- $1.5 million for ICHS Shoreline Clinic
- $1.2 million for Filipino Community of Seattle Village (Learning Ctr)
For the week of April 13-17, legislators will be voting on bills to meet an April 15 deadline. Legislators will also be working to approve a new two-year state budget, including how revenue from recreational marijuana will be spent.
Below is the status of legislation CAPAA is tracking that may be of interest to the APA communities.
- ESHB 1424 Concerning suicide prevention (Senate Rules Committee).
- E2SHB 1491 Improving quality in the early care and education system (passed the Senate 33-11).
- ESHB 1745 Enacting the Washington voting rights act (Senate Rules Committee).
- E2SSB 5179 Concerning paraeducators (House Rules Committee).
- SB 5203 Modifying certain job order contracting requirements (passed the House 96-0).
- 2SSB 5404 Concerning homeless youth prevention and protection (passed the House 71-26).
- SB 5689 Concerning the scope and costs of the diabetes epidemic in Washington (House Rules Committee).
- SSB 5721 Concerning the membership of the expanded learning opportunities council (passed the House 70-27).