Legislative Session Adjourned on March 29
The Washington State Legislature adjourned late Tuesday night, March 29, concluding a 20-day special session after legislators completed the 2016 supplemental budget.
The final supplemental budget plan puts more money into mental health hospitals, addresses youth homelessness, and makes investments to recruit and retain public school teachers.
Community Report Back on the Legislative Session
Interested in knowing how the budget and policies passed this session may impact you? Attend the 2016 Legislative Session Report Back event hosted by the Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs and the Asian Pacific Islander Coalition on Thursday, April 7 at Asian Counseling and Referral Service to learn more.
Participants will have the opportunity to hear from the following experts on the topics of education, economic development, civil rights and justice, health and human services, and the environment.
- Representative Sharon Tomiko Santos, 37th Legislative District
- Senator Bob Hasegawa, 11th Legislative District
- Michael Itti, Executive Director of the Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs
- Tony Lee, Co-Chair of Asian Pacific Islander Coalition King County
- Shankar Narayan, Legislative Director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Washington
- Rick Pollintan, Board Member of Asian Pacific Americans for Civic Empowerment
- Michael McKee, Director of Health Services and Community Partnerships of International Community Health Services
Upcoming Community Events & Opportunities
- 2016 Legislative Session Report Back (4/7)
- Governor’s Race and Equity Summit (4/15)
- API Heritage Month Celebration (5/1)
- Highline College seeking AANAPISI Retention Specialist/Advisor.
- Vietnamese Friendship Association seeking Fund Development Manager.
- International Community Health Services seeking Health Advocacy Manager.
- Looking for other employment opportunities? Our Jobs page is updated monthly.