June Public Board Meeting
The Commission will convene the March public board meeting on Saturday, June 10th, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm at the Spokane Convention Center in Room 201 ABC. This is a hybrid meeting and open for the public to attend either in-person or virtually via Zoom. A Link to participate will be published on Friday, June 9th on the CAPAA website.
Inslee appoints Grace Yoo to head Women’s Commission
Gov. Jay Inslee today named Grace Yoo director of the Washington State Women’s Commission, effective May 22. She replaces Regina Malveaux, who left the commission in February.
Yoo currently works for Starbucks, where she is leading the company’s efforts to reduce the environmental impact of its retail stores. Her team was recognized by President Biden’s administration as part of the Federal Buy Clean initiative.
Yoo received a bachelor’s degree in East Asian studies from UCLA and a master’s degree in international and intercultural communications from American University. She grew up in Edmonds, San Francisco, and Los Angeles.
May 18 | Register here – Seattle Parks and Recreation Updates 2024 Parks and Open Space Plan – Parkways
- May 20, 2023, Guam: Cultural Presentation of Palm Leaf Weaving by Dorothy Fegurg at Tacoma Public Library 2 pm – 4 pm
- May 22, 2023, Tahiti: Cultural Presentation Performance by Kapaua Quenga, Ke Liko A’e O Lei Lehua I Kapuaokalani, at Surprise Lake Middle School (students only) 2:30 pm – 3:45 pm.
- May 25, 2023, Thailand: Taste of Asia and Artwork Demo at APCC
- May 26, 2023, Taiwan: Paper Folding with Linda Wang at APCC 6 pm – 8 pm
- May 26, 2023, API Thrive/UWT/2 dance group performers. 10 am – 2 pm William Philips Hall at UW Tacoma
- May 27, 2023, Philippines: Filipino Heritage Festival with local vendors, music and dance performers, and distinguished speakers at APCC 11 am – 3 pm
- May 31, 2023, Hawaii, T Cultural Presentation with Art and Games by Otgun Yondon at APCC 2 pm -4 pm
Multiple Positions – Northwest Immigrant Rights Project
Three Hazardous Waste Generation Fee Assistant (Environmental Technician)
Section Chief – Labor & Personnel Division, Tumwater/Spokane (DL: 5/17/23)
AAG – Social & Health Services Division, CMR Section, Tumwater (DL: 5/22/23) New!
AAG – Labor & Personnel Division, Tumwater (DL: 5/25/23) New!
AAG – Public Lands & Conservation Division, Olympia (DL: 5/30/23) New!
AAG – Government Compliance & Enforcement Division, Olympia (DL: 5/30/23) New!
AAG – Regional Services Division, Vancouver (DL: 5/31/23) New!
AAG – Regional Services Division, Wenatchee (Open continuous) New!
AAG – Regional Services Division, Yakima (Open continuous)
AAG – Medicaid Fraud Control Division, Olympia (Open continuous)
AAG – Children, Youth, and Families Division, Olympia (Open continuous)
AAG – Spokane Division’s Torts Section (Open continuous)
AAG – Social & Health Services Division, Behavioral Health Section, Olympia (Open continuous)
Section Chief – Torts Division, Investigations Section, Tumwater (Open continuous)
AAG – Regional Services Division, Kennewick (Open continuous)
AAG – Corrections Division’s Civil Rights Section, Olympia (Open continuous)
AAG – Regional Services Division, Wenatchee (Open continuous)
AAG – Spokane Division’s Social & Health Services Section (Open continuous)
AAG – Torts Division, Olympia/Tumwater (Open continuous)
AAG – Tacoma Division’s Torts Section (Open continuous)
AAG – Tacoma Division’s Social & Health Services Section (Open continuous)