Celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
Governor Inslee has declared May 2016 as Asian Pacific American Heritage Month in Washington State. APA Heritage Month is a time to recognize and celebrate diverse Asian and Pacific Islander cultures. Public organizations are encouraged to designate time for activities commemorating the lives, history, achievements, and contributions of Asian Pacific Americans.
View a list of APA events and resources.
State Board and Commission Opportunities
Washington State has more than 200 boards and commissions to which Governor Inslee appoints members. Appointees are responsible for advising the Governor, the legislature, and state agencies. Governor Inslee is looking for qualified, responsible members who reflect the diversity of our state and hold a strong belief in the public process.
Below are current board and commission opportunities that may be of interest to APA communities:
- Washington Student Achievement Council
- Affordable Housing Advisory Board
- Commission on Judicial Conduct
- Washington State Partnership Council on Juvenile Justice
- Joint Legislative Task Force on Community Policing Standards
- Statewide Reentry Council
View the complete list of board and commission opportunities.
Upcoming Community Events & Opportunities
- WSDOT Disparity Study Meetings
- Public Forum on Language Access (5/20)
- Business Partnership Forum (6/1)
- Looking for employment opportunities? Our Jobs page is updated monthly.