Join us for a Community Forum (3/14)
We are one week away from the public release of a groundbreaking report that will give new insight on the state of Asian American and Pacific Islander students in Washington.
How do we ensure that all Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) students have the tools to succeed in school and life?
Join us for a first look at new education data on AAPI students in Washington and learn about recommendations to close the educational opportunity gaps.
March 14. 2015
10 am – 12:30 pm
New Holly Gathering Hall
7054 32nd Ave S.
Seattle, WA 98118
Legislative Update for the Week of 3/9-3/13
The House and Senate are in the process of debating and voting on bills to move forward with this session. Bills have until 5 p.m. on March 11th to pass the House or Senate, otherwise they are unlikely to pass this session. View floor action via TVW.
Below are bills CAPAA is tracking that have passed their house of origin.
- E2SHB 1541 Implementing strategies to close the educational opportunity gap, based on the recommendations of the educational opportunity gap oversight and accountability committee
- E2SSSB 5688 Providing students with skills that promote mental health and well-being and increase academic performance
- 2SHB 1682 Concerning data reported by the office of superintendent of public instruction for homeless students
- 2SHB 1436 Concerning homeless youth prevention and protection
- HB 1745 Enacting the Washington voting rights act