The Washington State Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs is thrilled to announce a momentous occasion – CAPAA’s Golden Celebration, commemorating 50 years of service to the Asian, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander communities statewide since its establishment in 1974. Join us on Saturday, March 23, 2024, as we gather to reflect on the incredible journey, achievements, and impact of CAPAA over the past five decades.
- Date: March 23, 2024
- Time: Doors 4:30pm; Program Start 5:00pm
- Location: Highline College, Mt. Townsend Room
- Individual Registration: Student and Youth rates are available, as Early Bird discounts are available through January 12, 2024.
- Sponsorship: We welcome organizational and individual sponsors. Our robust package offers an assortment of engagement and visibility opportunities, plus tickets for your group to attend! Check out our sponsorship package here.
- Exhibitors: If you are a government entity, non-profit organization or small business, this is a wonderful opportunity to reach our attendees. Check out exhibitor rates here.
- Advertise with CAPAA: Advertise in our program booklet. Check out our advertiser rates here.
What to Expect: This Golden Celebration is more than just a milestone; it’s a testament to the dedication, resilience, and accomplishments of the Asian, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander communities in Washington. The event promises an evening filled with nostalgia, camaraderie, and a look back at the transformative initiatives that have shaped the landscape for Asians, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders in the state.
Highlights of the Evening:
- Cultural Performances: We will have a full evening of bright and vibrant programming, including live entertainment by a variety of professional performers from the Asian, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander communities!
- Dinner and Drinks: Delight your taste buds with a sumptuous buffet of cultural food, beverages and desserts as we continue the celebration with a feast of flavors.
- Awards Ceremony: Celebrate individuals that have significantly contributed to the success of CAPAA’s mission and given to back their communities. Past awardees include Fa’aulaina Pritchard, Executive Director of Asia Pacific Cultural Center; Diane Narasaki, Executive Director of Asian Counseling & Referral Service; and Reynaldo Pascua. 2024 Awardees will be announced in January, and include the Lifetime Achievement Award, Vanguard Award, and Unsung Heroes Award.
Connect with Us: Stay updated on event details, behind-the-scenes content, and more by following us on social media. Use the hashtag #CAPAA50 to share your memories, stories, and excitement leading up to the Golden Celebration.